Monday, September 12, 2011

Fluffy Movies

I watch Fluffy Movies.  These are movies for which my Daria-esque, ball-busting, feminist side would have me beheaded for watching.  I blame Jennifer.

DEFINITION TIME!
Fluffy Movie
(fluf-FEE moo-VEE)
noun
1.  a movie with a largely female-theme, esp. teenage females, with plot lines built around trends, pop-culture references, boys, make-up, music by female artists/bands, and including at minimum one makeover scene.

Examples:

Reason I Watched: 
Heath Ledger sings an over-the-top version of Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You by Frankie Valli.


Reason I Watched:
The impromptu Thriller dance that saves the day.


Reason I Watched:
Contagiously quotable dialogue.


Reason I Watched:
Must see the train wreck that is Lindsey Lohan pretend she is in a rock band.


Reason I Watched:
To indulge my inner bitchy teenager that wants to ruin a boy who hurt me.


Reason I Watched:
Again, the Lohan train wreck.  Also, best line in the movie:
Amber D'Alessio: [reading from the burn book] Made out with a hot dog? Oh my God that was one time!


Reason I Watched:
I'm a stupid sucker for makeover montages and big reveals.


Reason I Watched:
Again with makeover montages and big reveals.


Reason I Watched:
Teenaged witches.  Doing WICCA.  :)



Jennifer gives me reason to indulge myself so I can't be held responsible for these Fluffy choices.  It's all her fault.  She MADE me watch them.  I TRY to be a good big sister and hang out with my little sister.  If I HAVE to.  (Heh, heh!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell us your thoughts. We are sooooo interested.... (NO! REALLY! WE ARE!) *grumble* .........Damn sense of humor costing us friends left and freakin' right....*grumble grumble*